- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education: Francis Marion University, 1990
- Master's in Library and Information Science: University of South Carolina, 2004
- Plus 30 hours in Exceptional Education, 2007
- National Board Certification, 2003
- National Board Re-certification, 2011
- National Board Maintenance of Certificate, 2022
I have 32 years of experience as an educator in South Carolina. I have four years of experience in the elementary classroom, and 27 years experience as a media specialist. I have worked as a media specialist at the high school, middle school, and elementary school levels over the past 27 years.
I enjoy reading, technology, music, and attending church. I also enjoy spending time with my family. I am married to Al Calcutt, and we have 3 children, Ashlyn, Gavin, and Wynn.