Read Across America Week: "Your Future Is Bright When You Read!"
It’s Read Across America Week! Let’s Celebrate Reading!
Check out a book this week and register for a prize drawing for a $25 Amazon gift card. For eBook checkouts, students may screen shot their checkouts and email Mrs. Calcutt to be entered for the prize drawing. Both virtual and in-person students may participate!
March 1: Monday: Your Future is Bright When You Read! Check out a Book and Receive a Treat!
- Anyone who checks out a book will receive a treat.
- Anyone who returns an overdue book or renews a book will also receive a treat.
- Virtual students may request print books by emailing Mrs. Calcutt or completing the Book Hub Order form.
March 2: Tuesday: Wear Your Brightest Colors and Wacky Socks! Read a Children’s Book!
- “You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.” Wear your wacky socks and/ or your brightest colors today.
- Read a children’s book. Bring your own favorite children’s book or listen to one online.
March 3: Wednesday: Read My Shirt Day!
- Wear a shirt with words. (Make sure it is appropriate and dress code compliant!)
March 4: Thursday: “Read-a-Latte” Day! Read more! Inspire others to do the same!
- Read an extra 15 minutes today in your English classes.
- Create a flyer or poster to advertise a book you are reading or have read. You may use Poster My Wall, Adobe Spark, Canva, MSWord, PowerPoint to design your book ads.
- Submit a book review (on Flipgrid (choose join with Microsoft) or Office 365 forms) and earn a free cappuccino.
March 5: Friday: Free Book Friday
- Students may choose a free book to have as their own. Free books will be available in the library today.