Announcements and Reminders
A Fan Bus for students will be available at no cost to the student. A student must have a ticket purchased and no OSS for the year thus far. Tickets may be purchased at: gofan.co
There will be no basketball games this week.
Monday, November 28:
Pre-ACT Interest Inventory for Freshmen and Sophomores
Tuesday, November 29:
English 2 EOC Writing
Wednesday, November 30:
Academic Challenge Practice Match (HOME) vs. J. Paul Truluck, 4:15 pm
Thursday, December 1:
Junior Class Ring Ceremony, 7 pm
Friday, December 2: (Early Dismissal 1:00--State Championship)
1st Block – 8:15-9:05 am
2nd Block – -9:10 - 10:00 am
3rd (Class) 10:05 - 10:55 am
4th 11:30 am-12:20 pm
Pep Rally: 12:30 pm
Dismissal: 1:00 pm
Senior Ad Page Designs Due
Varsity Football State Championship game at Benedict College, 7 pm-Event information and tickets sales are available at https://gofan.co...
Monday, December 5: Newberry College Tour
If you are eligible to participate, you should have already received a letter. Complete the requested information and return it to Mrs. Gough by Friday, Nov. 18.
The ceremony will be held on Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 7:00 pm in the high school gym. Students will practice on Thursday, Dec. 1, at 2:45 pm.
You and the person presenting your ring will need to arrive between 6:30 and 6:45 pm for the ceremony; this will allow time to find your designated seats.
Unpaid balances must be paid by Monday, Nov. 28 in order to participate in the ceremony. Please make sure that you have this taken care of.
The ceremony is a special time for you and your relatives.
• Please be prompt.
• Dress nicely (no jeans and t-shirts)
• Outfits must adhere to the school dress code.
• Guests must be 5 years old and older.
If you have questions, please call the school or email Mrs. Gough at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you. We look forward to having a very special evening!
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming Testing:
November 29: EOC English 2 Writing
December 2: ASVAB/Pre-ACT Testing (to be rescheduled)
December 6: EOC English 2
December 7: EOC U. S. History
December 8: EOC Algebra 1
December 9: EOC Biology
December 12-14: EOC Makeups
December 15-16: 1st Semester Exams
The Newberry College tour will be on December 5. Please see Mr. Dicks to sign up for the tour. Forms are due by November 28.
Check the guidance webpage for updated scholarships.
- Yearbook Sales Information is now available.
- Applications are now being accepted for JHS Yearbook Staff. For additional information and application: JHS Yearbook Staff News & Application
- Seniors: View the information about senior ads and deadlines for submitting other senior information:
- Any student or staff may submit photos for consideration to be in the yearbook: Photo Submission Form
- For additional updates and information, check out the JHS yearbook webpage.